Cloud web hosting is considered to be one of the most convenient and most widely used services for hosting a website round the globe. This gives rise to the question: Why is this type becoming so popular?
To understand it properly one must first know what cloud hosting actually is, how it is different from other hosting types and how it actually works. As the name suggests, it’s related to cloud computing in the sense that the entire plan provides remote services from a single setup panel, namely ‘the cloud’ which is said to have the entire application, platform and infrastructure in it. What does this mean? It means that the entire plan lies down in the center, effectively the cloud, and the end users share all of it together. This distinctively shows how it differs from other forms of web hosting services such as dedicated where the plan is completely personalized and not at all shared.
Amongst many advantages some of the advantages of cloud web hosting (in Danish webhotel) are as follows:
- First and foremost is that this type of hosting is considered very cost efficient meaning it doesn’t require a mass infrastructure investment and space accumulation since it is shared the cost divides into several web hosts itself.
- Secondly, this means one can very easily and cheaply connect themselves to the World Wide Web.
- This plan also requires very few professionals and real time processing which in turn saves time too.
- Moreover, using this type of hosting service means one can have free access anywhere anytime. Unlike other services like dedicated web hosting for example, where introduction of new memory is a hassle and tiring task, with cloud hosting one can change directions without any grave issues.
- To remain in budget for a cost effective method cloud web hosting can prove to be very convenient.
There are a few drawbacks of cloud web hosting too. One disadvantage of cloud web hosting is the dependence on your net connection. This means that when the internet connection goes down that is, if the server goes offline or experiences downtime, the entire chain of work is hindered which may result in people losing trust in the web host. Another grave concern is that of the security of the data. Cloud web hosting means you are making your data available at the hands of the people sharing which means they can use your data for wrong purposes. Some particular hosts may require additional features that are not available in cloud hosting therefore setting them up themselves means they’ll have to invest a large amount again.
Concluding, one can say that cloud computing is definitely a great idea for hosting. However, if a business is small only then can its true advantages be availed of. It’s not recommended for larger companies.
Lyuben Georgiev loves to share various tips and tricks about domains and web hosting. His favorite international hosting company is UnoEuro.